Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Rock-em Sock-em Robots Patriotic Cake

For the 4th I decided to make a dessert to bring to the family BBQ. It is what I usually do-dessert. I wanted to try something new with frosting that I had just learned from Sweetapolita - That blog is awesome by the way. I made a red white and blue cake. I was really pleased with how it turned out. But then I was thinking that it needed a little bit more.....


So I added these awesome rock-em sock-em robots. They actually came in my daughters kids meal from Carl's Jr. (or was it Burger King....?)  I saved them knowing they would be a topper of some sort one day. I am so happy with how this cake turned out.


Here is the final detail of this cake. Suprise! American flag in the inside. It was a huge hit with the kids. There was ZERO cake left over. Thats what I like.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! My dad would love this!!!! So creative!

    Make sure you stop by and share this at my Flaunt It Friday link party.
    Can't wait to see more posts.
    http://www.blissfulbucketlist.com/2012/07/flaunt-it-friday-4_12.html

    Sarah@
    www.blissfulbucketlist.com

    ReplyDelete