Friday, March 11, 2011

Snake Cake

It was my husbands birthday last week. For those of you who know my husband know that he is VERY POLITICAL. He is very interested with what is going on in the world, and the things to come. For Christmas he got a hoodie that had a picture of a snake on it with the words "Don't Tread on Me" above the snake. Now that it is too warm outside for him to wear his political hoodie, I thought I would do a little tribute.


(WARNING)This cake is political with a little humor added in do not be offended.










Yes, the rats name is Obama. My husband absolutely loved his birthday cake.
The snake was made out of 2 bunt cakes. I cut each bunt cake in half so I had 4 c-shaped pieces of cake. Then I placed the cakes end to end making it look like a slithering snake. The eyes, tongue, and words were the only fondant used in the cake. I frosted the snake with a yellow and brown tinted butter cream. To texture the snake I waited for the butter cream to set, then I used a small circle fondant cutter and put circles all over its body. I found the rat at Sweeties Candy Shop and I instantly knew what kind of cake to make when I saw this little guy. It was a licorice flavored gummy candy made by the good folks at Jelly Belly.

1 comment: