Thursday, March 17, 2011

Anniversary Cake



Today is a day that will go down in history.....I had my first cake order! I was so excited and a little nervous about this cake for a couple reasons: I have never made an anniversary cake, and until now I had never made fondant flowers. (Nothing a little You-Tube can't fix) So I you-tubed "how to make fondant flowers" and now I am more comfortable making roses.



I was finally done frosting, and decorating the cake. When I stood back to admire my work there was something missing.
* the top picture shows the true color of the roses. The bottom picture came out dark
I stood there staring at this cake for a while before I realized that it needed more roses.
After I added the small rose buds I felt like the cake was finally complete. I am really happy with how it turned out. My customer was very happy as well. She even text and told me she did not want to cut into the cake : ) That is total satisfaction knowing my customer is happy.
***Happy 22nd Anniversary to L & J****

4 comments:

  1. Awww:)
    Love the cake! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the anniversary cake it was beautiful elegant in delicious sweet and very very moist. You did a wonderful job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I haven't been married 22 years. Oh, there is another L & J out there. Sorry for my lame joke. Awesome cake! The little roses you added gave it a nice touch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete